Apps for Education Certified Training Website
Google is looking for people who will conduct themselves professionally and who will represent Google well.
If you become a trainer, you must commit to providing trainings at least three times per quarter.
If you become a trainer, your name is listed on a Google website so others can contact you to provide training.
NOTE: You should take all of the certification tests before filling out the online application.
The application to become a certified trainer is very in depth. When applying to become a certified trainer, you will need to prove experience providing professional development. This will include an outline and details of a professional development experience you have facilitated.
Google also wants to see evidence of a web presence and use of Web 2.0 tools. Parts of your application will be submitted via Google docs.
You will need to submit a two minute training video showing a key concept in Google Apps.
TIP: Print the online application first so you can pull together everything you need to apply.
You will need to complete and pass 6 Tests.
- Each test costs $15.
- You have 90 minutes and must make an 80 on each test.
- Must complete all tests within 90 days.
- You may look up answers as you take the test...however don't count on that to substitue for studying.
- Some of the training modules take several hours to complete. Jennifer suggests reading the modules then going and practicing what they talk about.
- Jennifer used Diigo to highlight key sections of the modules, then went to Diigo and used the highlighted text as a study guide.
- Study a module then take the test the same day if possible.
- System administration questions will be included in the tests.
- If you see a link in a module, you should click it and read up on it - it will probably be on the test.
- You can take all of the tests and pass them before filling out the online application.
- Passing score on a test is 80. Must wait 7 days before retaking the test. Retakes cost $15 just like the original test.
- Teach required number of trainings each year (3 per quarter)
- Retake a certification test each year