Sunday, October 14, 2012

Vicki Davis Edscape 2012 Keynote

I'm so glad @NMHS_Principal Eric Sheninger arranged to have @CoolCatTeacher Vicki Davis's Edscape 2012 keynote broadcast live via Ustream yesterday! I really enjoyed hearing Vicki as she encouraged all of us to invest in our own positive attitudes and outlooks so that we may impact the lives of our students and do what is right for them in spite of circumstances which may exist in our school systems.

Vicki is a wonderful, inspiring speaker who is passionate about investing in the lives of students. Snipits of her wisdom in 140 characters or less don't come close to doing her words justice, but instead of taking full-on notes on my blog like I often do, I decided to try and catch her gems in Tweets. Ustream's Twitter integration made it convenient to do this. Embedded below is a slide-show of my Tweets from her speech yesterday, with a few Tweets from others thrown in. I hope you are able to glean some wisdom from her words.




If you are interested in learning more about Vicki's work with Julie Lindsay on the Flat Classroom Projects, you might also enjoy these notes I took from a webinar that Vicki and Julie did back in April, centered around their recently published book Flattening Classrooms, Engaging Minds.