Monday, June 18, 2012

Testing iPad Blogger App

In preparation for attending a one day conference focused on iPads in education, I'm testing the Blogger app for iPad. Which is really the Blogger app for iPhone/iPod Touch blown up to fit the iPad screen. The last time I tried it, I was not impressed.

One reason I was not too impressed was because it doesn't allow me to easily make hyperlinks. I guess the only way to make them is to type out the address within the text, and then go back later when I have browser access and fix the links to look the way I want them to look.

Another feature I miss is being able to browse for a photo on the web and put it into my blog post. It only lets me include photos that I have stored on the iPad. I can take photos with the iPad and put them into the post, which is nice.

I wish Safari played better with Blogger, but I have too many glitches when I try to write posts from there. We shall see during the conference if this Blogger app will work well enough for blogging on the go.

Do you blog on Blogger directly from your iPad? If so, how do you do it? What are the pros and cons of your method for iPad blogging?