I am the proud daughter of a WWII veteran and proud citizen of a nation whose freedoms have been purchased and protected by all who have worn the uniform throughout our history in times of conflict and peace. This American does not take our veterans' sacrifices for granted, knowing the life I live each day is possible only because they were willing to put themselves on the line.
Because of Our Veterans...
- I am free to worship God & attend church weekly.
- I am an educator practicing my chosen profession.
- I am a blogger who is free to express my learning and opinions.
- I am a woman who exercises her right to vote.
- I am a home owner and car owner.
- I am free to travel when and where I please.
- I am able to spend time with loved ones in safety and comfort.
- I am a citizen of a country that draws countless people from around the world every day in search of opportunity for themselves and their children.
Thank you, Veterans of the United States Armed Forces! Thank you to the American men and women who throughout our history have sacrificed, and whose families have sacrificed, to protect my opportunities to do and be all of the things listed above and so much more. I hope you know this day, and every day, how profoundly grateful your country is for you and your service.